Monday, November 10, 2014

LGG ~ Source of Gratitude Study - Week 1 - Monday

Good morning Ladies~

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are ready to start our official study.

This week's challenge is:

"Every day this week, set your alarm thirty minutes earlier than your normal wake-up time. Purposely use this time to:
1. MEDITATE on God's wonderful works,
2. PRAISE God for what He has done, the ask Him to give you opportunities to,
3. TELL of His power in your interactions with others this week."

The memory verse this week is:

Psalm 18:31 For who is God besides The Lord? And who is the Rock except our God?

Today's reading is Psalm 145:3-8

S: Psalm 145:8 The Lord is merciful and compassionate slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.

O: Slow to get angry.

A: This speaks volumes to me. I am easily angered even by the smallest things. Someone didn't put something back in its proper place. There's a dirty dish in the sink. Someone is late. Someone is early. Someone didn't do what they said they would. Blah blah blah. Haven't I done all of these things and way more? Much bigger offenses? I don't deserve the love and compassion that God so graciously offers me everyday. Yet He loves me unconditionally and unfailingly. I need to be slow to anger and love like He loves me.

P: Father, help me to be slow to anger. Help me to love like you do. I know I will always be a sinner in this flesh, but I can take each moment to strive to be a better woman, a better example of your love. Give me opportunities to share your love with others around me to tell of how you are working in my life. Help me to see the sin in my own life in a way that would cause me to slow my anger towards others.

I would also ask you to be with each woman in this group to have a burning desire in our hearts for you. Even if we aren't posting in this group each day, please put the desire in each of us to study your word and put it to work in our lives so we can share you with the world around us. In Jesus precious name I pray. ~Amen

How can we pray for you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment