Tuesday, November 18, 2014

LGG ~ Source of Gratitude Study - Week 2 - Tuesday

Good morning Girls~
Reading 2Corinthians 12:9-10
S: 2Corinthians 12:10 That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
O: Weak then strong.
A: I am not going to sit and pretend that I enjoy one minute of my weaknesses or any of these other trials. But when I really think about it, I do realize I am stronger and sometimes even better after I have endured a hardship. I need to only remember when I am struggling though a difficult time, that this world is not my home and whether or not what I may be enduring is going to make me stronger or better, it is all for the cause of Christ.
 
I remember one of the most difficult times of my life in trying to understand why my sister was taken from this life at such a young age and from her two precious young children; I was at camp sitting around a fire and one of my friends was preaching and she used the scripture from 1Peter 5:10, I had an AHA moment:
 
In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore support and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.
 
He has been so gracious to me to place me on a firm foundation of his truths. I lean more on him after this difficult time. I find myself in his lap more often. And spending more time following the Map he has given me to follow and isn't that what He has asked of me?
P: Father, when I'm enduring difficult times and not understanding your plan for my life, I only ask that you comfort and hold me during those times. Reveal to me, in your time, what your plan is. Thank you for the strength you give me. Thank you for holding me in your arms. Thank you for choosing me. I love you and am so thankful for your love for me. In Jesus' precious name. ~Amen
 
Sisters, I love each one of you. I want you all to know that this study has changed me. This has been the most impactful study of all the others I have done. Thank you for being part of this with me. Thank you for your honesty. You are all such a blessing to me.
 
Have a beautiful day.
 
I almost forgot. Please add Chris to our prayers. He is a young man I met yesterday. He and I were going through orientation on our first day of work. He broke his hand Saturday and is facing surgery to repair a tendon. He is married with a new baby and has no insurance. Please pray all the details be ironed out for him. He was scared, especially after just being hired that he could lose his job before even starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment