Friday, November 14, 2014

LGG ~ Source of Gratitude Study - Week 1 - Friday

Good morning Girls~
Happy Friday!! I'm excited to have our first visitors this weekend. My husbands parents and sister are coming tomorrow afternoon and spending the night with us.
Reading: Romans 5:6-8
S: Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
O: while we were still sinners.
A: It's amazing to me that Christ came at the exact time to save us, even while we were still sinners, and as Matthew Henry says in his commentary, 'we were in a sad condition'. The interesting thing here, to me is that it says WERE. I looked up the definition of were, and it says passed tense which means not any longer. So he died for us while we WERE still sinners. I mean we are still sinners, but he washed us clean by his blood so I need to stop living my life like I am not worthy of God's love and redemption! I am worthy. He sent his precious son to die for me. To make me worthy. I need to let go of the past because I'm not in the past anymore and move forward and be who he created me to be in Christ. Can I get an AMEN? I mean I'm preaching it here. I've had a holy break through this morning Sweet Sisters. God loves me! He sent his son to die for me, to save me from my wretched ways and live for him. He loves me!
P: Father, I can't imagine a love like yours. I am not humanly able to love like you, but I can keep learning and reading your holy word to show me the ways to live this life the way you would have me live. Yes, I will stumble but I know you are right beside me all the way to pick me up and dust me off and even carry me if need be. Thank you for letting me be refreshed this morning by your word. Thank you for you son, who without him, I'd still be living in my sins. Thank you for loving even me.  ~Amen
 
Have a beautiful weekend Dear ones. I will be praying for each of you, as always.
 
In His Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment