Tuesday, March 31, 2015

LGG ~ 1st & 2nd Peter Study - Week 2 - Tuesday

Good morning Girls~

Here is the weekly challenge:

Inline image 1

Reading 1Peter 2:7-10
And S.O.A.P.

Inline image 2
S:  But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people.  You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession.  As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.  "Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God's people.  Once you received no mercy; now you have received God's mercy."

O:  Chosen.  Called.  Mercy.

A:  I am chosen and called to be God's very own.  This is a very honorable calling.  Do I live up to being God's chosen each day of my life?  Not always.  I do try.  Praise Him that he gives me another try day after day.  I need to stay in His Word and keep Him my focus, daily.  I love the word picture in these passages of being a stone that is used to help build.  Ladies, we are making a beautiful sanctuary for Him.  As we continue to study and add more ladies to our group, our building is becoming a lovely offering for Him.

P:  Father, thank you for choosing me.  Thank you for using me.  Thank you for your mercy.  Thank you for each of these women and calling us out of darkness into your light.  Even though we may fall, You pick us up and dust us off and use us for your glory to further your kingdom.  Be with each of us this day and help us to choose the path you have laid before us.  Keep my mouth from grumbling.  I have so much to be thankful for, I should not utter a word of disappointment.  I ask these things in your precious Son's name.  ~Amen

Thought provoking from the You Version app:  What is my response to this gift from God? Do I take my “chosen” status in the Lord for granted? Do I proclaim my Lord’s name with my words alone, or do I also proclaim Him with my attitude, my behavior, and my obedience?

Praying for each of you.  Be blessed and a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment