Thursday, March 5, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 8 - Thursday

Good morning Girls~

Thankful Thursday.  What are you thankful for?  I am thankful for my mom.  She graciously came here, on her birthday no less, knowing I would be working.  She has cooked, hemmed pants, taken care of the pups, been lonely, been cold and enjoyed some sunshine. I have enjoyed just being together and I am thankful for every moment we have had this week. 

Inline image 1

Our reading today is James 5:13-20

S.O.A.P.

Inline image 2

S:  Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

O: Confess.  Pray.

A:  I have to really confess that my prayer life is lacking.  I do pray, but not constantly and in all situations and not first before talking about my concern with someone.  What I read today in the LGG plan from You Version today really made sense to me.  Sometimes I tend to make prayer harder than it is.  I need to realize it is conversation with my Friend who hears and knows what I am going to ask even before I go to Him.  It doesn't need to be eloquent.  Just conversation.  I also need to be sure to take time to listen.  I need to slow down.

This is what I read today in You Version today.  I hope it will help if you are struggling with prayer like I do:

Prayers are the honest thoughts and desires of the heart and mind converted into a form of communication directed towards God. Prayer isn’t just words, but power. The power comes from God Almighty who hears and answers all prayers. Prayer doesn’t rely on any special words we say, any particular ritual, any particular time, nor does it rely on the amount of faith we have when we speak to God. Prayer flows from the awareness that God is involved and engaged in every aspect of our lives.

P:  Father, thank you for for giving me direct access to you.  Thank you for making this simple.  Thank you for being my Friend.  I need only come and ask and let you take care of everything from there.  Let me always remember to come to you first and in all things.  In your Son's precious name I pray.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment