Tuesday, March 24, 2015

LGG ~ 1st & 2nd Peter Study - Week 1 - Wednesday

Good morning~

Actually it is evening.  I'm doing this a little early because we are leaving at 3am.  But I will be back to normal time Thursday morning.

Reading 1Peter 1:13-16
S.O.A.P 1Peter 1:13,15

Inline image 1

S:  13 So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control.  Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world.  15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy.

O:  Prepare.  Exercise self-control.  In everything I do.

A:  WOWSA!  This is tough.  I have a hard time with self-control.  I need to really examine my life and my actions.  If I prepare myself and practice it in EVERYTHING I do, then I should become better at it.  I could put a little 'BUT' in here.  I won't though.  You would think at my age I would be better at this self-control thing than I am.  As I look at my body and even my lifestyle, I have a lot of work to do.   By the grace of God, he keeps working on me.

P:  Father, thank you for not giving up on me.  Thank you for loving me enough.  I am weak.  I lack self-control.  I wish I learned earlier in my life so I would be better than I am right now, but that was not your plan and I accept that.  Thank you for the trials in life.  They are difficult, but you have given them to me to allow me to lean more on you.   Without you, I can do NOthing.   No thing!!!  I need you.  You are my hope.  Father forgive me.  Father, I want to also thank you for these beautiful women.  Thank you for bringing us together.  Thank you for renewed faith.  Thank you for testimonies.  Thank you for hearing our prayers.  Thank you for healing.  Thank you for unanswered prayers.  You know our struggles. You know our weaknesses.  You know exactly what we need when we need it.  We need You.  Let each woman in this group feel your overwhelming presence right where they are.  I know you are putting this prayer on my heart tonight for a reason.  Whatever it may be, Father use it for your glory and yours alone.  Healing.  Healing.  Healing.  That is what you are telling me tonight.  Lay your healing Hands upon those who need you.  Let them cry out to you, Father.  I am crying out to you.  I ask all these things in your precious and holy Son's name.  ~Amen

In His Precious name,

No comments:

Post a Comment