Tuesday, March 24, 2015

LGG ~ 1st & 2nd Peter Study - Week 1 - Tuesday

Good morning Girls~

Hope you all made it through Monday.  I went into Monday with a better attitude than usual and it really helped.  One thing at a time.  Even after a long day at the office, I came home to put a few hours into my flower beds.  What an accomplishment.  I am sore today, but cannot wait to see how pretty they will look in a few weeks.  Tonight we are leaving for Florida.  Don't worry, I am well prepared for the study, but please bear with me if I have any traveling technical difficulties.  Please pray for travel safeties and also our pups be well cared for while we are gone.

Reading: 1Peter 1:6-12

S.O.A.P.: 1Peter 1:6-7

Inline image 1

S:  So be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while.  These trials will show that your faith is genuine.  It is being tested as fire tests an purifies gold - though your faith is far more precious than mere gold.   So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

O:  Be glad.  Wonderful joy.  Many trials.  Genuine faith.  Tested.  Precious faith.  Strong faith.  Praise, glory and honor.  Jesus revealed to the whole world.  

A:  This talks again of my faith.  Going through difficult times, no matter the level of difficulty, proves my 'genuine' faith.  It shows how strong or weak I am, and it also shows my dependence on Christ.  I can either show the world how weak I am and my lack of dependence or show the world how strong my faith is in Him who carries me when I can no longer put one foot in front of the other.  One thing in particular I picked up is Jesus will be revealed to the whole world.   Saved or not, everyone will see him for who he is, our King of glory.  The one who says I am far more precious than mere gold.

P:  Father, thank you for giving me the trials in my life.  For making me strong.  For carrying me when I don't think I am able.  Thank you for loving me.  I know I am not always thankful in my times of trials, but in it all, you bring me through and show me that I can depend on you.  Please be with me as I walk that others may see your light in me.  ~Amen

Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment