Wednesday, April 1, 2015

LGG ~ 1st & 2nd Peter Study - Week 2 - Wednesday

Good morning Girls~

Boy oh Boy it does not pay to take a few days off.  I am really paying for it at work.  It feels like the fifth Monday of the week and it's only Wednesday.  I hope you all are having a great week. 

Reading today is  1Peter 2:11-17
S.O.A.P. 1Peter 2:15-17

Inline image 1

S:  It is God's will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you.  For you are free, yet you are God's slaves, so don't use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.  Respect everyone, and love the family of believers.  Fear God, and respect the king.

O/A:  WOW!  I am so convicted by these words.  How often I say things I shouldn't say about someone and especially someone in a place of authority.  I easily go along with the crowd and their accusations.  Largely right now, I think of our government.  It takes a huge hit of criticism, and even if rightly so, it is not my place to judge.  I am commanded in His Holy Word to respect those in authority even if I don't agree.  God is the judge and if I believe, I know He will take care of it in spite of any differences.  Also, when I feel rejected or am dealing with ignorance and mean spirited people, I need to realize that these trials, as uncomfortable as they are, are nothing in comparison to what Our Lord endured to save me from my wretchedness.  He is using these trials for good.  Making me stronger.  Preparing me.  I need to really remember this as I struggle with my job.  

P:  Father, I am humbled and come to you today asking forgiveness for my slandering tongue.  I have been critical and not supportive of those in places of authority, especially our President.  I ask forgiveness as I should be in constant prayer and support knowing You are the One in control.  Please give me a heart that will serve and honor you in all that I say and do.  Thank you for the trials in my life.  Even though they are hard to go through and I have a hard time understanding the 'WHYS' I do know you love me and care for me and will not leave me.  Thank you for your Son, sent to save me.  I should not have one thing in life to complain about, but my weak human self lets the complaints slide easily from my lips.  Please place your hand over my mouth when I start to utter any word not pleasing to you.  Nudge me to think before I speak.  I am unworthy, but I am cleansed.  I am free.  ~Amen

Girls, I don't know about you, but these studies are working on me.  I am so very grateful for LGG and for each of you for sharing.  Seeing the growth in our group is amazing.  

Be blessed and a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment