Monday, March 23, 2015

LGG ~ 1st & 2nd Peter Study - Week 1 - Monday

Good morning~

Welcome to day one of our new study.  I am so excited to share this journey with each of you.  Be ready to hear what God has to say to you.  Be ready to share.  Be ready to be changed.  God is so good!

Our weekly Challenge:

Inline image 1

Reading: 1Peter 1:1-5

S.O.A.P. : 1Peter 1:3-4

Inline image 1

S:  All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead.  Now we live with great expectation and we have a priceless inheritance - an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay.

O:  Pure, undefiled inheritance in heaven.

A:  Oh my!  This makes my so excited for what is to come and also reminds me this world is not my home.  I need to be living in the moment and for the moment.  I am given opportunities beyond my imagination.  I need to stop living a ho-hum kind of life and be living for the now.  This isn't ever going to be heaven.  What He has for me in eternity is beyond what I can possibly imagine.  Jesus bought it for me.  My faith gives me HOPE for my future.  My inheritance in heaven will be waiting for me fresh, new and pure on the day of my arrival.  So I have no need to think the suffering here on earth will prevail.  It is only temporary.

P:  Father, the inheritance you have prepared for me is beyond anything I can imagine.  Forgive me for not living this temporary precious life to the fullest.  I should be serving you so much better than I am.  Prod me forward, Lord.  Let my hope never falter.  Thank you for the faith you have instilled in me.  Be with us as we begin this new study.  Open our hearts and minds to better learn your word and path for our lives.  Let us always put you above everything in our lives.  Let us serve others in your name to bring all glory, honor and praise to You and you alone.  In Jesus' precious name.  ~Amen

Be blessed and a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment