Wednesday, January 21, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 2 - Wednesday

Good morning,

Today's reading is Ecclesiastes 4:7-12.

Inline image 1

S:  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.  If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.

O:  Two are better than one.  Help each other.  Alone in trouble.

A:  This made me think of the other week when it was icy.  I was a nervous wreck.  My first experience with ice in NC.  I had heard stories about it and the talk was crazy the days leading up to the storm.  The year before I saw  firsthand the aftermath of destruction while visiting the area after a great ice storm.  It wasn't pretty.  So anyway, I started off the drive thinking this isn't so bad. I watched the cars inch along.  I saw TEN accidents on my drive that morning, but thought it wasn't so bad.  Then I parked my car in the parking garage and started my mile or so walk to the office.  I didn't see many people that morning and after having looked for my co-worker, I was on my own walking.  I am petrified of falling and breaking a bone, so I took it slow.  I asked the first person walking toward me how is was?  She said it was slick  and to be careful, however she hadn't been on campus (where I was headed).  The second person I saw approached me and said be careful! It is very icy over there.  Pointing RIGHT  to where I was walking.  I looked and saw no one in the direction I was heading.  Not a soul to buddy up with and walk together.  So I turned myself around after walking about a block or so and got back in my car to park closer to the building and risk a hefty parking fine.  All this to say, if I had someone to walk with me, I would have gone the distance.  I imagined myself falling and laying on the sidewalk and waiting for help.  I just didn't want to risk it alone.  I would have if I had someone with me to help me or me to help them.  

P:  Father, thank you for always being beside me.  Thank you for your holy spirit who gives me understand and nudges to know right from wrong.  Thank you for giving me your word to turn to when I am struggling to know what is right and wrong.  The answer is always there.  I only need to search and I will find it.  You have given me direction, I only need to follow and trust you.  Be with each of us as we walk this journey.  Thank you for giving us each other to lean on and share with and turn to.  You know our every need before we even know what to ask.  Let us hear your voice.  Let us understand what you are telling us.  Bind us together.  Let us keep our eyes fixed on you.  ~Amen.

Pray without ceasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment