Thursday, January 15, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 1 - Thursday



Today is thankful Thursday.  What are you thankful for?  Besides coffee, I am thankful for Jason.  He is training Lucy.  He even came for her session last night with a migraine.  She is doing much better.  I need an obedient pup.  

There are days when I sit an stare at the verses and wonder what it is He means.  Take those opportunities to pray about it.  He will show you.  Maybe not for a little while, but one day you will pick it up and it will be like a bright light bulb.  It is also okay not to share your SOAP.  LLG's leader, Angela Perritt, told us leaders her group does not share their SOAP daily.  They have their group set up different than ours

Inline image 1



Reading John 15:1-5

S:  John 15:5  Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing.

O:  I can do NO thing without Him. 

A:  I am part of Him.  He is part of me.  As long as I am in his word and staying in communion with him, I will be/am successful.  I don't mean successful by the world's standards.  Successful in my walk with Him.   I always loved this analogy "I can do NO-thing without Jesus"

P:  Father, thank you for intertwining me in your vine.  I love closing my eyes and visualizing you twisting and wrapping yourself in and through my life so securely that I can't imagine us ever being able to part.  Continue to wrap yourself so tightly around me that you squeeze off the bad parts and infuse even more of you into me.  I only want to please you.  Give me your heart so that I may show others in my daily walk how much I depend on you that they will want to walk with you, too.  ~Amen

Have a beautiful day Ladies.  Share with someone what you are thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment