Monday, January 19, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 2 - Monday

Good Morning~

Sorry I am late.  I did not forget about sending this.  I have been enjoying the morning sleeping in, relaxing and getting a few things done.  I hope you all had a lovely weekend.  It was a gorgeous weekend here.  Mid 50's and sunny for a change.


Inline image 2

Reading today Philippians 2:1-11

S: Philippians 2:3-5  Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.  You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

O:  Think of and put others before myself.

A:  This reminds me of JOY ---- 
  1. Jesus first
  2. Others second
  3. Yourself last
I know I have shared this before, but this verse always reminds me to get my 'house' in order.  It is so easy to become self absorbed.  So worried about yourself and focus on things in your own life that you forget to look around you.  I know when I put others first, how much better I feel about myself and starting my day with Jesus, being in the Word makes it even better.  When I don't do this, my day is just off to a bad start and isn't as good as it can be.

P:  Father, thank you for the reminder.  Thank you for humbling me and showing me how you bless me the most.  Let me always put you and others before myself.  Please put people in my path this week who need to know you, people for me to share you with.  In Jesus' name I pray.  ~Amen

Have  beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment