Wednesday, January 14, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 1 - Wednesday

Today I get to experience my very first ice issue living in the south.  Being from Central PA, weather travel was really an every day thing in the winter, but ice is always scary.  At least in PA we usually had some snow that helped to get some traction.  Here not so much.  It is just plain ice.  So we shall see how it goes this morning.  Kaylee's school was put on delay yesterday.  I am still waiting to hear from Duke.  Everyone be careful out there.  My friend's husband is out there prepping the roads for all us NC people to be able to travel today.  Please pray for safety. 


Inline image 1

Reading for today is Ephesians 3:14-21.

S: Ephesians 3:18-19NLT And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

O:  Understand how BIG his love is.  Experience his love.  Be made complete.

A:  I don't think it is humanly possible to realize His love for us.  When I consider what is written here, I think of how deep the ocean is.  How high the heavens are. How far it is from here to eternity.  It seems impossible to imagine the height, width and depth, but that is how much he loves me.  I think of giving up one of my children and can't even imagine that, but that is what he did for me.  I won't fully understand that love in this life, but to think of it while I am here in this flesh, in this earthly body, I stand in awe of his love.  It makes me want to share it even more.  

P:  Father, I stand in awe of your love for me.  Today, I will simply thank you.  I will not say I am undeserving.  You have given this love to me as a free gift.  I accept your love.  Let me bask in your love today and always.  Let me share you with others around me.  Help me see your love in all things.  When I am stressed and frustrated, let me realize these situations are minor in comparison to other things going on in this world.  Let me not lose sight of the many wonderful blessings you provide for me constantly.  I have no right to not be satisfied in everything.  Be with each of the women in this study.  Help us.  Open our hearts and minds.  Let us feel your loving arms around us.  Comfort us right where we are.  Feed us with your love.  Give us your words.  Fill us with what we need right now where we are.  We need you every moment.  We are all experiencing something and you know what it is.  I ask that you fill that need with the one and only thing that can help and that is Jesus. I ask this in his precious and powerful name.  ~Amen

Be blessed and a blessing,

No comments:

Post a Comment