Thursday, January 22, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 2 - Thursday

Good morning~

Thankful Thursday.  What are you thankful for?  I am thankful for an encouraging boss and co-workers.  I am really struggling with my new job.  It is just plain hard.  Either that or I am just having a really hard time learning something new.  I have been having terrible anxiety attacks and cry daily due to the stress of this job.  But my boss takes time every day to check on me and see if I need anything.  My co-workers are right beside me helping me through the training process.  I pray I am cut out for this position, because I am very thankful to have such a job with wonderful support system.

Please share what you are thankful for.

Reading and SOAP verse is Proverbs 27:17

Inline image 1

S:  Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.

O:  Sharpen.

A:  Of course this would make me think of a dull knife.  My husband doesn't allow me to use knives often.  I always cut myself.  Last night, while preparing my lunch for today, I was chopping almonds for my salad, (after he went to bed, of course) the knife I was using flew out of my hand and fell back on my knuckle cutting me.  Now had I sharpened that knife, we would have been making our way to the ER for stitches.  Thankfully it didn't.  So my analogy is this.  How good is a dull knife?  I mean if I had sharpened the knife it would have cut the almonds through.  (yes, I may still have cut myself) but if the knife was sharp, it would have done it's job much better. (cutting the almonds, not me)  So as a friend, I can be better and can be bettered by a friend by standing by each other.  Helping each other with God's words, God's commands.  Guiding with love. Pointing out things that I may need to change in my life.  Making me better for Christ.  Sometimes it even hurts.  Like Linda said earlier this week.  I was very touched by her opening up her heart and sharing that very personal story.  That is what this group is all about.  We can sharpen one another.  It makes us think and dig deep into ourselves based on the word and truth of God.

P:  Father, thank you for this group of women who openly share their hearts and lives with each other.  Thank you for giving us your word to know what we need to do to be better at being your children.  Sometimes it hurts to be pruned of the bad branches, but when we look at the fruit we bear after the pruning, it becomes clear.  Sometimes it takes a while.  I know I am thick headed at times and want things my way and I am not willing to give up my selfish ways.  But your way is always better than mine.  Show me the way.  Father I also want to thank you for providing a job for Debbie.  She is such a good woman, wonderful mother and follows you.  Thank you for allowing her the desires of her heart.  Be with her as she embarks this new position and the changes that come with it.  Be with the boys.  Let them be a help to her as this transition takes place.  There will be bumps, but with you as the Head of their household, they will be just fine.  In Jesus precious name.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment