Friday, January 16, 2015

LGG ~ Made for Community - Week 1 - Friday

Happy Friday~

Friday used to be my favorite day of the week because Jeff would be on his way home.  It is still my favorite day of the week because he IS home!!  

For the next few weeks, we will call today Fun Fact Friday.  Share a fun fact about yourself.  

So something fun about me, that most of you already know is, I am a huge Disney fan.  I love Mickey Mouse most of all.  As a matter of fact, a week from today, Jeff and I will be on our way there to spend a long weekend together.  We can't wait.  We have been on a whirlwind trip since August.  It will be nice for just the two of us to spend some alone time in our happy place.  

Take a minute to tell us something fun about yourself!!

Reading for today is John 13:4-17

Inline image 1

S:  John 13:14-15  And since I, your Lord and Teacher have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other's feet.  I have given you an example to follow.  Do as I have done to you.

O:  He is our example.  Do as he has done.

A:  Sometimes I feel like I am like Peter.  Do I get it?  Do I miss the point?  But as long as I stay in his word and study his word, I will keep learning what he means.  I need to make him be the example I should be following.  There are so many distractions in this world.  Satan will use so many shiny things to get our attention.  I need to pay attention to the things God is using to get my attention and focus on them instead.  

P:  Father, give me the discernment to 'get it', to know the difference in the distractions in my life.  Help me to be an example of you.  Let me be a servant to others.  Let me not be afraid to get my hands dirty to do your work.  Let me not turn my nose up to anyone whom I may feel is not worthy.  I am not the judge.  Just give me opportunities.  In Jesus' name I pray.  ~Amen

How is everyone doing after week one?  It's been great to hear from most of you but we still haven't heard from some of you.  Please feel free to send me a private email, text, FB message, phone call or whatever works for you to let me know if I can help you in any way.  I am here for you.  If this is too much, let me know and I will be happy to find a way that works best for you.  

I am hoping to have a little gathering for the NC gals this weekend to help clear up any questions.  ALL are welcome, even my PA peeps.  Would love any visitors, any time!!  We will most likely be meeting Saturday morning.  Time and place to be determined later today.

Have a beautiful weekend Ladies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment