Tuesday, August 5, 2014

GMG ~ Leadership Mentoring Group - Week 1 - Day 2

Reading:  Philippians 2:1-5
S:  Philippians 2:1-5  Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ?  Any comfort from his love?  Any fellowship together in the Spirit?  Are your hearts tender and compassionate?  Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others.  Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.  Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

O:  You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.

A:  Am I encouraging?  Do I comfort in Love? Do I fellowship in the Spirit?  Is my heart tender and compassionate?  Do I make God truly happy?  Do I love?  Do I work together with one mind and purpose?  OR Am I selfish?  Do I try to impress others?  Am I humble or puff myself up to make me look better than my sister/brother?  Do I put myself before others?  Is this the attitude of Christ? 

This makes me think of JOY = J/Jesus FIRST  O/Others AFTER JESUS-BEFORE MYSELF Y/You (me) LAST.  If I only lived my life this way all the time.  I want to make Jesus smile.  I want nothing more than for him to say well done, good and faithful servant.  I am so thankful for being part of this group.  Thankful for his prodding me to not give up.  I need to be a better servant to further his kingdom even if it is just one.

P:  Father, I praise you!!  Thank you for giving me the desire to chase after you.  I don't want what this world has to offer.  I want eternity.  Help me to be a light unto the path of others who need to see you.  There are many in this dark world.  I am humbled by your calling.  ~Amen

Discussion Questions:
Do you prepare your SOAP in advance or work along with your group? Why?

I don't prepare in advance unless I know I have a conflicting issue.  I like working along with the group but most importantly God has put it on my heart that what I am to read for that particular day is what he would have me to study for that day.  If I jump ahead, it may not make sense to me because it wasn't what He chose for me.  I hope that makes sense.

How many members do you have in your group(s)?  What size fits you best, and why?

Since I have not lead a group on my own, I am not sure how our group size was determined.  I will have to ask Amy.  But I prefer a smaller group because we can be more intimate and not lose track of prayer requests.  Also to be more organized.  A large group kinda scares me right now but perhaps after leading I would be okay with it.  The downside of a small group is lack of participation and like someone else said hearing the sound of crickets in your group if you are the only one posting your SOAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment