Wednesday, August 6, 2014

GMG ~ Leadership Mentoring Group - Week 1 - Day 3

S:  Matthew 23:8-10 and 11-12 The Message:  "Don't let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that.  You all have a single Teacher, and you are all classmates.  Don't set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do.  Save that authority for God; let him tell you what to do.  No one else should carry the title of 'Father'; you only have one Father, and he's in heaven.  And don't let people maneuver you into taking charge of them.  There is only one Life-Leader for you and them - Christ.
O:  Teacher.  One Father.  Life-Leader.  Christ.

A:  I love that we aren't to let others boss us around.  I love that we have The One and Only Teacher.  I even love more that we are all classmates.  Takes me back to being a child in elementary school.  It's a really cool idea of thinking all of us Girls sitting in a classroom, the leader included and Jesus sweeping around the classroom with chalk in hand teaching us His Word.  I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face imagining this.  No one of us is better than the other.  We can sit and study together and help each other along and when things get tough we go to the School Master and ask for his guidance.  Wow!

P:  Father thank you for this illustration you put in my mind of something so simple and so elementary to really hit the point and have this scripture mean so much.  We are in this together.  We can't go wrong with you as our Leader.  Thank you for these women.  I am learning so much from them.  The insights that you give to them joined together make your word so vivid.  Thank you, Father.  Thank you so much. ~Amen

DQ
Life happens. How do you, or will you, handle it if you are unexpectedly unable to post in your group?

Amy and I email each other.  Sometimes we make a schedule, she takes M W and F and I take T and T. 

How can prayer be helpful in leading?

Ummmm......how can it not!!?? :o)  But quite honestly, I am lacking in that area and when I read what Veronica sent out, I was humbled by it.  I have been really focusing on prayer and not saying 'hey I will be praying for you'  I just stop and do it right then and there.  It may only take a moment but it's better than forgetting later and just being lip service.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.

No comments:

Post a Comment