Tuesday, August 5, 2014

GMG ~ Leadership Mentoring Group - Week 1 - Day 1

Reading Mark 10:42-45

S:  So Jesus called them together and said, "You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them.  But among you it will be different.  Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be the first among you must be the slave of everyone else.  For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ranson for many."

O:  Among you it will be different. Not to be served but to serve others.

A:  I love how he says it will be different among us.  And it should be.  We are a reflection of Christ.  How is my whiney, complaining, angry attitude a reflection of Christ.  I am not showing any ounce of how He would be handling this time of my life.  I was standing on my patio this morning praying and thinking of how my feet felt on the cold concrete and how the tiniest pebble was uncomfortable on the underside of my foot.  He endured pain I cannot even imagine.  He is the perfect example of what I need to strive for.  I need to be patient and understanding and serve others in a way that shows who I am in Christ.  I love people and love to serve.  I need to remember that when I am struggling.  I need to realize the battle I am facing is one that others have faced and they may be facing a much larger struggle than mine.

P:  Father, I come before you this morning asking for forgiveness.  I ask that you please show me that you have this.  Get me out of your way.  Help me let go of the reigns.  I love you Father and thank you so much for giving me the desire to be your child.  Being yours is so comforting and knowing you love me unconditionally and without giving me any kind of guilt trip.  I love that I have that in you.  You know right where I am and know what my heart is feeling and what is going on in my mind.  I love that I can keep nothing hidden from you.  Today, I choose to let go and let You.  ~Amen

Discussion Questions:


What are your biggest challenges when leading a GMG group? 

I have only been a co-leader.  I think the biggest challenge is keeping women involved.  Sometimes I think women are afraid to put anything down for fear it won't be what the group is getting.  I remember my first time being involved in a GMG group thinking what if I am way off base?  And what if people think I am looney tunes? :)  But then I heard God tell me, 'This is what I want you to hear, today, and you may bless someone else with sharing your heart.  So I think the challenge is helping other women feel comfortable and normal in sharing and feeling loved and safe and able to share what is on their heart.


How do you lead and still come across as humble? What are some strategies? 

The definition of humble is having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance...So I believe it's being REAL and understanding what others are going through and knowing we all serve the same God and no matter where we are in life, we can all lift each other before the same almighty Father and love as he first loved us.

Prayer Request:  Please pray for our moving situation.  We are still sitting with no answers.  It is so hard to wait.  I know God is in control.  I am a planner and have my life planned around this move and specific dates so that makes being patient even harder.  I feel like a spoiled rotten whiney child because I am not getting my own way.  I need forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment