Wednesday, August 6, 2014

GMG ~ Interim Study - Ecclesiastes

Reading Ecclesiastes 5:1-11

S: Ecclesiastes 5:7 (The Message) But against all illusion and fantasy and empty talk, there's always this rock foundation:  Fear God!

O:  Illusion, fantasy, empty talk.  ROCK FOUNDATION=Fear GOD!

A: I don't always use The Message version but like to parallel it along with many other versions to be sure I am understanding what I am reading.  This painted a perfect picture for me this morning.  Don't we all have illusions and fantasies?  Don't we sometimes say things we don't really mean?  Not to be nasty, but sometimes just to help someone feel better.  Are we really doing what is right?  I mean really what is the bottom line here.  Are we trying to please man or God?  I know I have my own illusions and fantasies.  What is an illusion? An illusion is a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses.  What is a fantasy?  A fantasy is the faculty or activity of imagining things.  When I actually define these perceptions it shows me these are not the types of things I want to be doing with my life.  I need to be about God's work and fearing him.  I know what he tells me to do in his word and I need to be a better steward of the time he gives me to do his work.  I need think about what I say and be sure what I say is what I mean.  Have you heard that saying before? 'Say what you mean and mean what you say'.  If I did that more, I think I would be making God smile.

P:  Father, you are my ROCK FOUNDATION.  Give me the strength and power to stand on that firm foundation.  Take away my illusions and fantasies.  Give me the words to comfort and help others that are true words and not words that are just happy, fancy make you feel good words and walk away.  Father I know you know my heart and what I am trying to say.  Be with each of us today and help us to be what you want us to be for others.  Help us lift them to you and be your help and not hindrance.  I ask this in Jesus precious name.  ~Amen

Sorry I was a bit winded today.  I loved digging deep.  This was a great reading today.

Be blessed and a blessing today and always, Sweet Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment