Monday, August 4, 2014

GMG ~ Interim Study - Ecclesiastes

Reading Ecclesiastes 4:1-7

S:  Ecclesiates 4:4 Then I observed that most people are motivated to success because they envy their neighbors.  But this, too, is meaningless - like chasing the wind.

O:  Movtivated to success.  Envy.  Meaningless.

A:  What motivates me to success?  Envy?  Wow! This really drives home, yet again, there is nothing in this life to chase after.  If we are chasing after anything other than what is good and pleasing to God, it is like chasing the wind.  It saddens me to think there are people in this world who don't know him and are not chasing after him and wanting to spend eternity with him.  It also saddens me that I am one of 'them'.  I chase after things of this world all the time.  Sometimes I feel like such a hypocrit.  Struggling with this today.  I read the verses chosen for today over and over and this is the one He kept bringing me back to.  I need to re-evaluate what my motivation is.  Am I striving for success in pleasing my Father or the world?

P:  Father, I feel like such a hypocrit.  I say I am yours, but do I really reflect what your child looks and acts like?  Am I a good example of what it is to be your child?  Forgive me.  Give me the heart to serve you better.  Break me from being motivated to succeed in this world for any other reason than to bring glory and honor to you.  ~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment