Saturday, January 25, 2014

GMG Week One ~ Focused Questions

1. Life is a marathon-not a sprint.  We are all in the race.  What are you willing to lay aside to be a more effective runner for God in your race?
  • Wasting time
  • Choose a better/healthier lifestyle
  • Stop complaining
2.) Compare Psalm 90:12 with Psalm 39: 4-5.  Life is short.  We need to not neglect the things that are truly important.  List out some things that are truly important.  Write out some small steps of how you can be more intentional in those areas this year.  Ask the Lord to confirm these areas and the steps you should take.

Psalm 90:12  -  Teach us to realize the brevity of life so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 39:4-5  -  Lord remind me how brief my time on earth will be.  Remind me that my days are numbered how fleeting my life is.  You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.   My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best each of us is but a breath.
  • Daily spending time in God's word
  • Prayer - Ask God to direct our path, realizing how short life is
  • Making better choices not just in my eating/lifestyle, but in all areas of my life.  Each small change makes a difference.
  • Sharing God's love by being a better example through learning His word
Father, guide my life.  Help me in my choices.  You have and continue to remind me how short life is.  When I look at my hand I am reminded every time.  Help me make the most of each breath you give me.  Forgive me for wasting precious time.  I love you.  ~Amen


  

No comments:

Post a Comment