Wednesday, January 29, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 2 day 3

John 4:13-14

S:  Jesus replied, "Anyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.  But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again.  It becomes a fresh bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life."

O: Bubbling=welling up=over flowing=continually=ARTESIAN
Water of the world is something that can be taken away.  Dried up.  Shut off.  Run out.  Jesus will never leave us.  Will continually fill us.  Never run out.  The Message describes the water Jesus gives as ARTESIAN: Wells made by boring into the earth till the instrument reaches water which from the internal pressure, flows spontaneously like a fountain.  They are usually small in diameter and often of great depth.

A:  This scripture again reminds me that this world is not my home.  That if I belong to the world my thirst will never be quenched.  As long as I am here in the flesh, I will always thirst and need water.  However, I can be filled with an everlasting, over flowing, life giving water.  A water that will quench my thirst for eternal life in Christ.  The Message describes this as ARTESIAN water.  (see definition above)  It reminds me of the verse in Matthew 19 where Jesus tells us it is easier for a camel to to through the eye of a needle than someone to enter the kingdom of God.  The artesian well is a small path of great depth and flows from an internal pressure.  I think of myself as digging deeper and deeper into God's word.  Continually digging into that life giving water, to quench my thirst.  Water that spontaneously flows because of internal pressure.  That pressure is my constant communion with God and His word and the Fountain is Jesus springing forth life giving water to quench this earthly desire of my thirst for Him.

P:  Father, thank you for this life giving water in your son Jesus Christ.  Thank you for loving me so much that you quench this thirst with your word.  Thank you for giving me your word so I can learn and follow you to this Fountain of water.  Thank you for your forgiveness and ever growing grace and allowing me to come to your well again and and again.

~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment