Tuesday, January 28, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 2 Day 2

John 15:5 NLT

S:  Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing.

O:  Remain=Abide=Join=Live   -   Produce=Bear (abundantly)   -   Apart=Without=Separated

A:  I used to think of fruit trees when I read this passage and think of being pruned and bearing fruit.  For some reason, I couldn't hear God's voice this morning.  So I stopped and prayed and asked for his guidance.  This is what He spoke to me today.  Today I saw the word VINE.  Jesus is the vine.  When I envision a vine in my mind, I see the intricacy of a vine and how it grows.  If the shoots stay tightly knit to the core of the vine they bear the fruit or flower.  If they shoot out away from the core of the vine they wither, die and break off.  It is so important to stay tightly knit and woven into Jesus and bear fruit for our inheritance with Him.

P:  Precious Father, Thank you for opening my heart and mind this morning to what exactly you wanted me to gain from this passage.  I love how you speak to me.  I am so grateful to hear your voice. Forever I wish to cling to the core of the vine, which is your son, Jesus Christ, tightly woven and ever bearing fruit for your glory and yours alone.

~Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment