Thursday, January 30, 2014

GMG Intentionally Focused Study Week 2 Day 4

Hebrews 4:12 

S:  For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitude of the heart. 

O:  Alive and powerful, operative, energizing, effective, quick, penetrating. 
Sharper than the sharpest. 
Judges, exposes innermost thoughts and desires. Purposes of the heart. 
Sifting and analyzing. 
Discerned of thoughts and intents if the heart. 

A:  This is certainly convicting. It makes me realize that God knows my inner most being. No hiding anything. Not even a thought. My deepest most secret thoughts. He knows them all. 

P:  Father thank your for your conviction. Thank you for your forgiveness. I ask you to forgive me for the same sins over and over and you know it even before I commit the sin.  We all have our favorite sins. Those ones that we don't think are 'that bad in comparison....' yet they are sins. I am so sorry Father and ask for your strength and guidance. Send your Holy Spirit to me in those times when I am too blinded by my flesh to even realizing that I'm sinning.  In Jesus' precious name. 

~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment